Posted on May 30, 2019 by Lambert Madson & Associates
IT'S TIME TO...
Remove dead plants, trim shrubs away from the house, and check your roof inside and out for damage and leaks.
Now that spring has sprung, take advantage of the nicer weather to trim the dead vegetation and shrubs back away from the house. Do a visual check of your roof inside and out for signs of damage or leaks. Then make sure your window and door screens are in good condition and in place so you can enjoy the nice spring breeze.
Inside, you should clean your range hood filters and sink disposal, and change the HVAC filters if needed. Don't forget to check your fire extinguishers' expiration dates to make sure you're prepared for an emergency.
Here are your Top To-Dos for the month:
Here's your full May checklist:
- Inspect roofing for damages, leaks, etc.
- Check trees for interference with power lines
- Clear dead plants/trim shrubs away from the house
- Insert window and door screens; repair/replace damaged ones
- Inspect and change HVAC filters if needed
- Check and clean kitchen sink disposal
- Check and clean range hood filters
- Inspect your fire extinguishers
This great information is provided by our friends at House Masters Home inspections.